Giving back to the community is in our DNA.
At Hawthorne Gardening Co., we envision a world made better through gardens. And we’re committed to bettering our communities and giving back wherever and however we can.
Our philanthropic mission is focused primarily in North America. We are proud to share a portion of our annual sales each year with the communities in which we live and work.
What We Support
We offer monetary and in-kind support to qualified non-profit organizations having a measurable impact in the communities where we operate. In-kind product donations are limited to materials from our consumer product offerings.
What We Do Not Support
Our charitable funds do not support the following:
- Groups that are not tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status;
- Private foundations;
- Lobbying, partisan or denominational groups;
- Endowment campaigns;
- Research and development;
- Organizational operating expenses;
- Groups or individuals seeking educational or travel grants for contests, pageants, trips, or conventions;
- Faith-Based Organizations (Hawthorne Gardening Co. will consider requests from faith-based organizations, provided the contributions are not used for inherently religious purposes or to serve a limited constituency versus the larger community in which an organization operates, i.e. community gardens).
How to Make a Request
To request funding or in-kind product, eligible non-profit organizations should submit a request electronically through the form below.